Regis St. Mary Mission Statement
Regis St. Mary Catholic School develops disciples of Christ who learn, lead and serve.
REGIS ST. MARY
St. Mary Catholic School has been serving the students of Stayton since its founding by the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon in 1929. The school was originally staffed by two sisters and had an enrollment of 45 students. The current school building across from Immaculate Conception was constructed in 1955, with an addition completed in 1959. In 2002, the middle school building with science lab was added to accommodate growing enrollment, which stands at almost 230 students.
Over five decades ago, community members came together to fulfill a long-held vision, one that would bring a high-quality and well-balanced Catholic education to high school students in the Santiam Canyon and Mid-Willamette Valley. The names of these founders are engraved on a plaque in the Regis courtyard, honoring their proud and bold legacy.
Regis opened its doors in the fall of 1963, and on October 27, 1963, Regis High School celebrated its Blessing and Dedication led by Principal Rev. Francis Campbell and Archbishop Edward D. Howard.
With the merging of Regis High School and St. Mary Catholic School, Regis St. Mary Catholic School officially began operating as one PreK-12 school system on July 1, 2017. One board of directors serves as primary governance for the united school.